Document drafted May 2018
MECTRON S.p.A., with registered office at Via Loreto 15/A, 16042 Carasco, Genoa, Italy (hereinafter "We" or “MECTRON S.p.A.”), undertakes to safeguard and respect your personal data. MECTRON S.p.A. believes that a safety policy regarding its own business processes which guarantees a high level of protection of personal data processed, and company data in general, with IT systems and/or paper, in addition to reducing the risks of economic damage, loss of competitiveness, deterioration of the company’s image, civil and criminal penalties deriving from any accidents, is a distinctive and qualitative factor that contributes to success.
MECTRON S.p.A. also believes that its Total Quality system cannot disregard the security aspects inherent to the processing of personal data.
In fact, it is not possible to state that its products meet the quality requirements that MECTRON S.p.A. has established if they do not also include the relevant aspects concerning the security of personal data.
This privacy statement defines how we will process the personal information that you will provide us. Please read the following carefully in order to understand our practices regarding the processing of your personal data and the reasons that could lead us, with your consent, to disclose them to third parties.
By visiting MECTRON S.p.A. websites and/or by registering for a service and/or providing personal information, you accept and consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with the practices described in this privacy statement. Our websites may contain links from and to other partner websites, advertisers, affiliate companies or other relevant websites. If you click on one of these links, you must be aware that these companies have their own privacy policies and that we cannot be held responsible for their policies. We encourage you to review and accept these policies before sending your personal data to third-party websites.
TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA THAT MECTRON S.p.A COLLECTS
We may collect and process the following personal data concerning you:
- You may provide us with your personal information when filling in forms on our websites or on paper forms at events or during telephone conversations, e-mails, messages or in other situations. You may send this information to us when registering on our websites, subscribing to our service, requesting newsletters and reporting a problem with our websites. The information that you send us may include your name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, and language and country preferences.
- In addition, we may also receive and process your personal data through other websites that we manage. We work very closely with third parties (among which, for example, commercial partners, sub-suppliers that provide maintenance and delivery services, advertising networks, analytical service suppliers, research agencies and credit agencies), and for that reason, we may also receive your information from them.
- We may also collect other information in order to administer our websites, such as technical information, including IP addresses (Internet Protocol), browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), number of clicks, time zone set, types and versions of the browser plug-in, operating system and platform, products viewed or sought.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA BY MECTRON S.p.A.
We acquire and process your personal data only on a legal basis, for example when it is necessary to initiate a contractual relationship with you, to meet our legitimate need (i.e. direct marketing activities), to comply with regulatory obligations or if authorised. MECTRON S.p.A. may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- Marketing: to give you information about a product or service in our range that, in our opinion, could be of interest to you; to give you information on other goods and services in our range similar to those you have already used; to customise the content that we display to you. However, you can object to the processing of your personal data. In this case, we will stop processing your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Customer service: to guarantee customer service, to provide you with this service and to communicate with you about your product, to notify you of changes to the service, to allow you to take advantage of the interactive features of our service (should you decide to consent); to answer your questions about information, complaints and general feedback on our products.
- Website administration: to administer our websites and internal operations (for example, product development, problem solving, data analysis, testing, research, surveys and statistics); to improve our websites and to ensure that their content is presented to you in the best possible way depending on your computer or other devices used to access our websites.
- Behavioural analysis: we may process your personal data anonymously, thus avoiding profiling, in order to prepare a group assessment of our customers' behaviour in general, for the administration of the system and to report aggregate statistical information on the paths and activities related to browsing.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION FOR MINORS
MECTRON S.p.A. does not intentionally collect personal data from minors; its websites were not designed to be used by minors. Should MECTRON S.p.A. learn that it has accidentally acquired personal data from minors it will erase this data immediately.
Unless otherwise required by law, MECTRON S.p.A. stores your personal data only as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes for which MECTRON S.p.A. initially collected this data, as follows:
- Information on legal transactions between you and MECTRON S.p.A is kept for 10 years after the end of the legal transaction, in compliance with the general limit imposed for civil law claims in Italy;
- Billing information is stored for 10 years after the end of the accounting year to which it refers, in compliance with Italian accounting and tax law;
- Technical information is kept for 6 months from the time that it is sent to or collection by MECTRON S.p.A.;
- Contact details (names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers) used for direct marketing purposes are kept for an unlimited period, unless you request MECTRON S.p.A. to erase such information or otherwise to stop their processing;
- In order to avoid profiling, all behavioural data are kept in anonymous form.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share the personal data that you provide us with members of our group, i.e. our affiliates, our parent company and its subsidiaries for legitimate business purposes.
MECTRON S.p.A. may perform some of its duties by relying on third-party suppliers to conduct specialised activities, for example, to assist us in improving our websites, for marketing our products, etc. The personal data you provide to us may be shared with these suppliers in order to allow them to perform the agreed tasks. However, these suppliers are given instructions that they may use the information received exclusively for the purpose of executing their services on behalf of and in accordance with the directives of MECTRON S.p.A.
MECTRON S.p.A. will ask these third parties, who may be based in a country other than the one in which you had access to MECTRON S.p.A. or its service, to meet all the requirements concerning the protection and security of your personal data.
MECTRON S.p.A. will not share your personal data with any third parties that intend to use them for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have given specific consent for such use.
In the event that MECTRON S.p.A. sells or buys companies or businesses, it may disclose your personal data to the potential seller or purchaser of the company or business.
MECTRON S.p.A. may disclose personal data without your consent when disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law
- is required by a law enforcement agency for the investigation of illegal activities
- In the event of an emergency, illegal activity or other reasonable circumstance that requires alerting competent authorities
LOCATION WHERE PERSONAL DATA WILL BE SAVED
We will not transfer your data to recipients located outside the European Economic Area, unless the third country, in which the recipient is located, can guarantee an adequate level of data protection, or unless we have implemented a way to transmit legal data and adopted all the necessary safeguards aimed at protecting your personal data, or unless we have implemented a legal contract and a data transfer mechanism. In the event of a transfer outside the EEA or to a country without an adequate level of data protection, we are also required to inform you and you have the right to ask us what types of appropriate safeguards we have taken to protect your personal data.
Access to your personal data is restricted to our employees and third parties who we believe need access to such information to provide you with the information or services you request from us.
We use all appropriate security measures to ensure that your personal information is stored securely.
If we have given you a password that allows you to access certain parts of our websites (or if you have chosen the password yourself) you must not disclose that password to anyone.
Security measures have been implemented on our websites to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
However, there is no way of transmitting data over the Internet that is 100% safe.
Even though we have implemented the best security measures in order to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that the transmission of your data to our systems is absolutely secure. Any transmission of data is at your own risk and peril. Once we have received your information, we will apply appropriate security measures and procedures aimed at avoiding unauthorised access.
You may contact us and request access to your personal data at any time. On request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in our possession. You may ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
You may ask us to erase the information that we have concerning you.
We are obligated to keep a record of information regarding transactions for legal reasons; therefore, in certain circumstances, we may not be able to proceed with the total erasure of your data.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time. If you choose to unsubscribe from marketing communications, you may do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link that is included in every e-mail.
You have the right to be informed of any automated decision-making processes.
If at any time you feel that the processing of your personal data violates the European data protection law, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent authority of your country of residence or in the EU country where you believe the violation has occurred.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at the address below.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com
Last updated: September 2019